Can’t get the family to agree about what to have for dinner? This tasty pulled pork ragu should satisfy everyone’s taste buds.
60ml (¼c) olive oil
2 onions, chopped
4 carrots, grated
1 bunch of celery, chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, chopped
45ml (3T) thyme, chopped
45ml (3T) sage, chopped
45ml (3T) rosemary
250ml (1c) red wine
1 can (410g) tomato puree
1 can (410g) chopped tomatoes
1 can (410g) whole peeled tomatoes
250ml (1c) vegetable stock
1kg Eskort smoked pulled pork
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over moderate heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery to the pot.
- Season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the garlic and chopped herbs and stir thoroughly.
- Add the red wine and canned ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the vegetable stock.
- Add the pulled pork, stir through and leave to simmer with the lid on for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or any of the side dishes coming up in the rest of this week’s recipes.