This jaffle is a South African crispy twist on juicy rib burgers that oozes with flavour.
500g Eskort Rib Burgers
4 seedless burger buns
45ml (3T) butter
250ml (1c) red onion, caramelised
250ml (1c) cherry tomatoes, charred
250ml (1c) cheddar cheese
250ml (1c) mozzarella cheese
60ml (¼c) mayonnaise
60ml (¼c) sliced gherkins
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the Rib Burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, turning frequently.
- Preheat the jaffle iron over moderate heat.
- Slice the burger buns in half and butter the insides of the buns.
- Place the buns buttered sides facing the jaffle iron and top with half a rib burger patty, onion, cherry tomatoes, cheddar and mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and gherkins.
- Close with the other half of the buns and toast in the jaffle iron for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.