While Mom puts her feet up and sips on that glass of wine you poured her, get your slow cook on with our #JustDelicious super-easy Pork Belly recipe
1,5kg Eskort Pork Belly
10ml (2t) salt
5ml (1t) ground black pepper
5ml (1t) chilli flakes
5ml (1t) paprika
5ml (1t) ground coriander
10ml (2t) olive oil
30g (T) butter
1 large onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cans kernel mealies, drained
150ml (½c) cream
small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, chilli flakes, paprika and ground coriander with the olive oil to form a paste and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife and working carefully, slice evenly through the pork belly skin in parallel lines. Do the same in the opposite direction until the whole skin is scored.
- Rub the paste into the pork belly both sides.
- Place the meat on a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 3 hours.
- In the meantime, heat the butter in a pan and add the onion, garlic and 1 can of corn, fry gently for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes then remove from the heat and allow to cool before blending until smooth.
- Return the corn mixture to the pan, add the remaining can of corn and simmer gently without the lid for another 6-7 minutes, or until the corn is thick and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the coriander, turn off heat and cover to keep warm.
- Take the meat from the oven, remove the foil, turn the oven up to 220°C and return the meat. Cook for another 20-30 minutes or until the skin has blistered and formed crackling.
- Remove the meat from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing. Serve slices of the pork belly on a layer of creamed corn.