Fresh hot dog buns are sliced and butter-toasted then filled with peppery rocket leaves and topped with a #JustDelicious Smoked Vienna, followed by layers of thinly sliced red onion and deep-fried grated sweet potato. Serve dressed with spicy jalapeno mayo.
4-8 Eskort Smoked Viennas
30ml olive oil
4 hot dog rolls
1 large sweet potato, grated
2 handfuls rocket
1 red onion, thinly sliced
45 m pickled jalapeños
oil for deep frying
salt for seasoning
- Fry the viennas in a frying pan over high heat until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Slice and butter the hot dog rolls then toast them in the frying pan.
- Heat sunflower oil in a shallow pot over medium heat.
- Deep-fry the grated sweet potato then place on paper towels to absorb the oil. Leave to cool. Season with salt.
- Mix the mayonnaise and jalapeños.
Assembly and serving
- Place rocket leaves and 1-2 viennas on each hot dog roll and top with the red onion and sweet potato.
- Dress with the jalapeño mayonnaise.