With bacon and a mix of cereals, this is a delicious crunchy snack perfect for any time of day.
125ml (½c) coconut oil
250ml (1c) treacle sugar
250ml (1c) dates, chopped
125ml (½c) peanut butter
200g Eskort Diced Bacon, fried until crispy
60ml (¼c) honey
250ml (1c) cornflakes
250ml (1c) bran flakes
250ml (1c) Otees cereal
250ml (1c) oats
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat, mix the coconut oil, sugar and dates and bring to the boil.
- Add the peanut butter, bacon and honey to the mixture and stir well, then lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the mixture with the cereals in a large bowl and transfer to a prepared flat-bottomed dish.
- Cover with baking paper and refrigerate to set overnight.
- Cut into preferred portions and refrigerate in an airtight container until use.