A delicious yellow pepper pesto adds sauce to delicious spiced sausages and zesty cauliflower steaks.
375g Eskort Beef Sausages
10ml (2t) cumin seeds
5ml (1t) smoked paprika
5ml (1t) cardamom
5ml (1t) coriander seeds
5ml (1t) coarse salt
5ml (1t) black pepper
5ml (1t) garlic powder
zest of 1 lemon
2 heads cauliflower
45ml (3T) olive oil
45ml (3T) butter
juice and zest of lime
salt and pepper to taste
Yellow pepper pesto
1 yellow pepper, charred
125ml (½c) leeks, cooked
5ml (1t) salt
30ml (2T) avo oil
5ml (1t) yellow curry paste
zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray and keep several wooden skewers handy.
- Remove the sausage meat from their casings and mould around the skewers in the shape of sausages.
- Place all the spices as well as the lemon zest in a mortar and pestle and grind finely.
- Cover the sausage skewers in the spice mix and place on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice each head of cauliflower vertically into 4 thick slices. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the cauliflower steak ingredients.
- Drizzle over the cauliflower and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Yellow Pepper Pesto
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove the sausages from the skewers and serve on the cauliflower steaks with the pesto.