Paprika and red peppers make this a smoking hot take on classic Russian and chips.
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 large potatoes
oil for deep frying
500g Eskort Cheese Russians, chopped
45ml (3T) olive oil for cooking
2 red sweet peppers, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, sliced
30ml (2T) chopped thyme
5ml (1t) smoked paprika
5ml (1t) chilli flakes
15ml (1T) balsamic vinegar
salt and freshly ground pepper
white cheese and fresh herbs for serving
- Add salt to a pot of water and bring to the boil.
- Quarter the potatoes, add to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and refrigerate to cool.
- Press the potatoes flat and deep-fry until crispy.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add olive oil to a pan over moderate heat and fry the red sweet peppers, garlic, thyme, paprika and chilli flakes until soft and glossy.
- Add the Russians and fry until cooked, about 5 minutes each side.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve the Russians on the potatoes and garnish with freshly shaved white cheese and herbs.