Creamy, cheesy and slightly spicy, this #JustDelicious bacon soup and cheesy jaffle combo will heat you up on a chilli night in!
200g Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon, diced
45ml (3T) olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
5ml (1T) fresh thyme, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
15ml (1T) vegetable stock powder
750ml (3c) water
60ml (¼c) tomato paste
250ml (1c) cherry tomatoes
250ml (1c) cream
salt and freshly ground pepper
microgreens, to garnish
45ml (3T) butter
125ml (½c) cream cheese
125ml (½c) white cheddar, grated
125ml (½c) yellow cheddar, grated
60ml (¼c) spring onion, chopped
5ml (1t) black pepper
8 slices white bread
- Heat olive oil in a pot over a moderate heat and fry the onions, garlic, thyme and chilli until the onions are glossy.
- Add the bacon and fry until cooked.
- Dissolve the stock powder in water then add along with the tomato paste and cherry tomatoes to the pot.
- Bring the soup to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the jaffle pan on a stove plate set to medium heat.
- Combine the cheeses, spring onion, black pepper and salt in a small
- mixing bowl.
- Butter the bread and place a slice in the jaffle pan buttered-side down.
- Add four tablespoons of the cheese filling in the middle of the bread. Close with a slice of bread buttered-side up then close the jaffle pan.
- Remove the bread crusts around the edges of the jaffle pan and toast for five minutes on each side. Repeat with the other slices.
- Serve a portion of the soup with a cheesy jaffle as a side.