Click here to vote for your favourite flavour– and you can stand the chance of winning a Philips AirFryer or R5 000 in cash weekly!
Preparation: 15 min | Cooking: 30 min | Serves: 4
30ml (2T) olive oil
375g Eskort Jalapeño Pork Sausages
4 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 small onion, grated
2 jalapeños, deseeded and finely chopped
ground black pepper
100g cheddar cheese, finely grated
2 eggs, whisked
vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages until cooked through, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, cut each sausage in half.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft, remove from the pot and drain.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add the onion and jalapeño and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheddar to the potatoes and mix until combined and smooth.
- Shape some of the mashed potato around each sausage half, making sure the sausage is evenly covered.
- Repeat with the remaining sausages and mashed potato.
- Put the whisked eggs in a shallow dish and the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip each croquette into the egg and then in the breadcrumbs until covered in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the croquettes in hot oil until golden brown, remove and drain on kitchen towels.
- Serve the croquettes with a hot sauce of your choice.
To vote – and win – click here