This #JustDelicious fruity, nutty salad brings spice and warmth to your festive table.
2 pears, thinly sliced
15ml (1T) lemon juice
1 onion, thinly sliced
45ml (3T) olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
1 ginger root, grated and pressed (keep the juice)
3 x 400g (3 cans) chickpeas, drained
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 packet ginger biscuits
125ml (½C) micro herbs
- Dress the pear slices in the lemon juice and set aside.
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the onion in olive oil until golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic, red chilli and ginger juice and fry until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and allow to heat through before removing from the heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with marinated pear slices, top with crushed ginger biscuits and micro herbs.