750g Eskort Marinated Loin Ribs
3 packets Eskort Honey Glazed Pork Rashers
- Prepare a braai fire.
- When the coals are ready, braai the ribs for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, turning regularly.
- Add the rashers and braai for 5 minutes on each side.
250ml (1c) maize meal4 large potatoes, cooked until soft
oil for deep frying5ml (1t) coarse salt
- Place the maize meal in a bowl and toss the cooked potatoes to cover with the maize meal.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep saucepan and deep-fry the coated potatoes until golden and crispy.
- Season with salt.
2 red peppers, charred, skins and pips removed
30ml (2T) fresh coriander
30ml (2T) fresh mint
30ml (2T) fresh Italian parsley
zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 garlic cloves
5ml (1t) ground cumin
5ml (1t) ground coriander seeds
5ml (1t) salt and freshly ground pepper
45ml (3T) olive oil
- Place the ingredients in a blender and pulse until chunky.
- Remove and place in a bowl.
625ml (2½c) bread flour
10ml (2t) baking powder
5ml (1t) coarse salt
250ml (1c) warm water
- Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead until a firm and smooth dough forms (about 10 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and roll out each one on a lightly floured surface.
- Just before you remove the meat from the braai, clear a space between the coals and place each flatbread in the ashes.
- Turn the breads and remove as soon as cooked and crispy (about 3-5 minutes each side).
To serve :
Place the meat, potatoes, Chermoula dip and bread on a platter and invite your guests to serve themselves.