Sweet orange juice and zesty ginger make the sweet and sour sauce a sticky and #JustDelicious coating for frikkadels and rice.
350g Eskort Mini Frikkadels
1 red chilli, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
45ml (3T) coconut oil
100 g ginger root, peeled and finely sliced
60ml (¼c) sweet chilli sauce
60ml (¼c) orange juice
30ml (2T) brown sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper
1L (4c) cooked basmati rice (don’t rinse the rice)
1 bunch spring onions
60ml (¼c) toasted sesame seeds
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the chopped chilli and garlic in some coconut oil for half a minute.
- Add the ginger, sweet chilli sauce, orange juice and brown sugar.
- Simmer for 1 minute.Season with salt and pepper then add the frikkadels and cook for 7 minutes.
- Place the spring onions in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Serve the frikkadels on basmati rice and top with toasted sesame seeds and wilted spring onions.