Bring your appetite because this juicy #JustDelicious mega burger is BIG on size and flavour!
Red Onion Pickle
1 red onion, thinly sliced
15ml (1T) red wine vinegar
30ml (2T) maple syrup MUSHROOMS
4 giant brown mushrooms
45ml (3T) olive oil
60ml (¼c) Gorgonzola cheese ZESTY MAYO
125ml (½c) mayonnaise
zest and juice of 1 lemon
200g Eskort Rindless Back Bacon
1kg beef mince
250g bone marrow
15ml (1T) fresh garlic, chopped
250ml (1c) Parmesan cheese
15ml (1T) fresh thyme, chopped
45ml (3T) onion marmalade
15ml (1T) salt and freshly ground pepper
500ml (2c) mature white cheddar
6 small wheels Brie cheese
6 burger buns1 handful wild rocket
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
Red onion pickle
- Combine the red onions, vinegar and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Set aside to marinate.
- Combine the beef mince, bone marrow, garlic, Parmesan, thyme, onion marmalade and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Place 45ml (3T) of burger mince into your hand, add a rasher of bacon and another 45ml (3T) of burger mince.
- Repeat thrice to form one layered patty.
- Form six patties and refrigerate to set.
- Place the set patties on a greased baking sheet, top each with red onion pickle and cheddar and bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the Brie on a greased baking sheet and bake until soft.
- Place the mushrooms on a greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and top with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine the mayo, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl.
- Slice the buns open and toast until golden brown.
- Spread mayo on both halves of the bun and add a layer of wild rocket.
- Add a patty to the bottom half of the bun, followed by a baked mushroom, mayo and a wheel of Brie.
- Close the mega burger and serve with veggie crisps.