Kick off breakfast with a #JustDelicious combination of sweet and savoury flavours!
Coconut & red chili scrambled eggs & crispy bacon
200g Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon
45ml (3T) butter
1 red chili, chopped
60ml (¼c) coconut cream
500ml (2c) cake flour
125ml (½c) light brown sugar
10ml (2t) baking powder
1 pinch salt
125ml (½c) milk
45ml (3T) oil
60 ml (¼ C) pineapple jam
Salt and pepper, to taste
Coconut & Red Chili Scrambled Eggs & Crispy Bacon
- Fry the streaky bacon in a pan over high heat until crispy.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
- Add the eggs and chili to the pan then scramble
- Pour in the coconut cream and remove from the heat.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Shape the dough into balls and coat with oil.
- Carefully place the dough balls into the pot of boiling water and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cut the buns in half and spread with pineapple jam, then serve alongside the scrambled eggs and bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.