With #JustDelicious bacon in the crust and a rich, indulgent cream cheese filling, these zesty cheesecakes are the best way to end a perfect picnic!
200g Eskort Bacon Cutts
500ml (2c) digestive biscuits, crushed
30ml (2T) butter, melted
5ml (1t) ground ginger
500g full fat cream cheese
250ml (1c) Mascarpone cheese
125ml (½c) castor sugar
30ml (2T) cake flour
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
zest and juice of one lemon
2 egg yolks
vanilla yoghurt, lemon curd, or caramel
- In a hot pan, fry the bacon cutts until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and cut into smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, bacon pieces and ginger to the digestive biscuits and mix well to combine.
- Line 8 individual moulds (large ramekins or recycled tuna tins) with baking paper and grease well.
- Spoon the crust into the moulds and press down with the back of a spoon to form an even base.
- Transfer to the fridge to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon until a smooth batter forms.
- Remove the crusts from the fridge and pour in the batter, taking care to divide evenly.
- Place the small cheesecakes on a baking sheet in the oven, reduce the heat to 100°C and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, leaving the cheesecakes inside to cool down.
- Transfer the cheesecakes to the fridge to set.
- Remove the cheesecakes from their moulds and serve with a spoonful of vanilla yoghurt, lemon curd or caramel.