Brighten your hump day with this sassy Zesty Pork Fillet & Lentil Salad! It’s super healthy and still #JustDelicious
300g butternut, peeled and cubed
1 red onion, cut into wedges
2 cloves garlic, whole
salt and freshly ground black pepper
80ml (?c) olive oil
1 Eskort Zesty Citrus Pork Fillet
500g green lentils or split green peas
1 bay leaf
60ml (¼c) olive oil
60ml (¼c) red wine vinegar
15ml (1T) Dijon mustard
200g baby spinach, stems removed
100g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
fresh Italian parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place butternut, onion wedges and garlic in a roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Toss to make sure all ingredients are well combined. Roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until tender and just caramelised.
- Cook the pork fillet according to package instructions – for this meal we suggest braaiing your fillet
- Put the lentils and bay leaf into a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Drain the lentils and remove the bay leaf. Put the lentils back into the saucepan and season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside (keep warm).
- Remove veggies from oven. Take the garlic out and mash with a fork, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 60ml of olive oil, the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, mashed garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the lentils and spinach to the dressing and toss.
- Add the roasted vegetables, pecan nuts and sultanas and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm with slices of fillet.