"How do I forgive her for infecting me?" - Sis Dolly answers your questions

Photo: Getty Images/Gallo Images
Photo: Getty Images/Gallo Images

I found out that the mother of my two boys cheated on me two years ago. We tried to sort it out but the problem is that I no longer trust her.

I went for an HIV test and found out that I am positive. When I told her, she said she was sorry and told me to move on.

I’m on anti-retrovirals (ARVs), and the truth is killing me.

Sis Dolly answers 

After infidelity, the journey in a relationship becomes a rocky one. Broken trust isn’t easy to remedy.

I commend you for at least being willing to try after you found out about the infidelity, but it is sad that you had to pay such a big price for her actions.

You might not be able to rebuild that trust again.

Because everything is irreversible, the best thing for you to do now is accept what is and take care of your health so that you can be there for your boys for longer.

Talking to someone about your feelings can also help.

You can call the Aids Helpline on 0800-012-322.

We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For 14 free days, you can have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today. Thereafter you will be billed R75 per month. You can cancel anytime and if you cancel within 14 days you won't be billed. 
Subscribe to News24