Johannesburg - Zipho “Goldmax” Mthembu and Thobani “Cue” Mgobhozi, better known as Distruction Boyz, caused a country-wide craze when they dropped their sizzling song Omunye.
November is cancelled, fans said – Distruction Boyz has propelled us straight into December.
We played a game of Would You Rather with the duo that made Christmas come early.
Would you rather . . .
1. Invite Babes Wodumo or Zodwa Wabantu to your Christmas party?
We’d invite both – we can’t choose between the two.
2. Party like a rock star or a college kid?
College kid – it’s always good to party responsibly so you avoid making mistakes.
3. Sleep all day or party all night?
Party all night, as long as we get to play our music and people enjoy it.
4. Party every day or play video games every day?
Play video games every day – we’re really big PlayStation fans!
5. Have Black Coffee or Euphonik DJ at your party?
Black Coffee! He’s done amazingly well for himself and has represented us well worldwide.
6. Arrive at your birthday party in a bus or a limousine?
Bus – we’re new-school kids and that’s just our vibe.
7. Dance on the table or in the middle of the dance floor?
In the middle of the dance floor – that’s how we do it down in Durban.
8. Go to a party or organise one?
Organise it ourselves – because we like giving people a good time.
9. Go to a Halloween party or a matric ball after party?
Halloween party – we’ve never been so it’d be a great experience.