Miss Universe Zozibini Tunzi has made her way back home.
Following her historic win, she has been living in New York City as part of her reign.
The star took to her social media to inform South Africa that she is back in her village and on home soil.
"Even if for a short while, being home will always be restoration of the soul. After so long we are currently navigating on tears of joy, love, warmth, support and song. Kuhle eMatolweni!," she captioned the pictures.
See the post below:
Read more | Try some tasty mogodu for supper!
By the looks of the pictures, Miss Universe has been long missing the taste of home, as she was pictured cooking Mogodu (tripe) over an open fire.
If you'd like to have your own taste of home just like Miss Universe, follow this easy-to-make Mala Le Mogodu recipe below.
- 1kg cleaned sheep tripe
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 pieces Star Anise
- 4 All Spice berries
- 4 pods of Cardamom
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 spring thyme, chopped
- 1 spring rosemary, chopped
1. Rinse and ensure that the tripe is clean and then cut it (using a sharp pair of kitchen scissors) into pieces.
2. Place all the ingredients into a pot. If the beef stock doesn't cover the tripe completely, then add a little more until it's covered.
3. Bring the entire mixture to the boil, one boiling rapidly, reduce the heat to low and allow the pot to simmer with a half open lid (or a lid with an air vent) for about 2 hours. Test the tripe, if it isn't soft enough then let it simmer for a bit longer.
4. Remove the lid completely and increase the heat a little to reduce the liquid in the pot to a thick sauce. Only season with salt towards the end of the cooking process. Enjoy!