- 2 - chillies, finely chopped
- - handful basil, finely chopped
- 24 - sheets samoosa pastry
- 15ml - olive oil
- 150g - mozzarella, cut into 5cm slivers
- 30ml - flour mixed with 15ml (1T) water
- - finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- - oil for deep-frying
- - lemon wedges
- 1 - garlic clove, finely chopped
1 Cheese rolls
Mix the chillies, garlic, lemon zest, basil and oil.
2 Spread the chilli mixture over one of the sheets of samoosa pastry.
Put a sliver of mozzarella across the width of the pastry.
Fold the sides in and wrap the cheese in the dough.
Seal the sides with the flour paste.
3 Fold the cheese roll in another sheet of dough and seal both sides again using the flour paste.
4 Make more cheese rolls from the rest of the ingredients.
Chill until needed.
5 Heat the oil for deep-frying.
Cook the cheese rolls until golden and the cheese has melted.
Drain on paper towels.
Serve the cheese rolls hot with the lemon wedges.