- - parsley butter
- 150g - butter, melted
- 3 - slices mature cheddar cheese
- - salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15ml - cold water
- 4 - bacon rashers, fried OR a few strips of smoked salmon
- 15ml - lemon juice
- 2 - eggs, poached
- 1/2 - avocado, thinly sliced
- - salt and pepper
- 2 - slices rye bread, toasted
- - pinch each of mustard powder and salt
- 2 - egg yolks
1 Hollandaise sauce
Put the egg yolks and cold water in a glass bowl and position it over a pot with boiling water,making sure the bottomo f the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
Whisk rapidly with a wire whisk while heating until the egg is pale.
2 Slowly add the butter,still whisking rapidly,until a thick, creamy sauce forms.
3 Add the lemon juice,mustard powder and salt and whisk again.
4 To finish
Lightly spread parsley butter on the rye toast while hot.
5 Put one slice on a plate and arrange the bacon or salmon and the avocado slices on top.
Season with salt and pepper.
6 Put the other slice of toast on the avocado and top it with the cheese slices.
Add the poached eggs and season with salt and pepper.
7 Pour the hollandaise sauce over the sandwich.