- 2 - carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 - eggs, whisked
- 250ml - frozen peas
- 410g - whole-kernel corn, drained
- 4 - chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 4x250ml - cooked jasmine rice
- 5cm - fresh ginger, grated
- 1 - onion, chopped
- 30ml - sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 - spring onions, chopped
- 30ml - soy sauce
- - extra soy sauce (optional)
- 1 - garlic clove, chopped
- 5ml - white pepper
- - oil for shallow-frying
- 5ml - salt
- 60ml - honey
- 1 - chilli, chopped
- 125ml - cornflour
- 30ml - oil
- - handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1 Heat half the oil in a large pan and stir-fry the eggs.
Remove and set aside.
2 Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan and stir-fry the onion until soft. Add the spring onions and carrots and stir-fry for a minute.
3 Add the peas, corn and rice and stir-fry until warm. Lightly mix the egg and coriander through the rice and set aside.
4 Chicken Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the cornflour over and shake off any excess.
5 Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken in batch-es until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
Turn the heat down and simmer until slightly thickened.
Pour the sauce over the chicken.
7 To serve
Transfer the rice to a serving dish and arrange the chicken on top.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds over and serve with extra soy sauce (if using).