- 500g - pork trotters, sliced
- 250-300g - pork stewing meat or shanks
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- 15ml - oil
- - 1 onion, chopped
- - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- - 2 bay leaves
- 1l - chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g - butternut, cubed
- 1 can (410g) - brown lentils, drained
- - 2 chillies, chopped (optional)
- - handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- - 4-6 rotis
- - extra coriander (optional)
1 Season all the meat well with salt and pepper.
2 Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and brown the meat.
3 Add the onion, garlic, bay leaves and stock and bring to the boil.
4 Secure the lid of the cooker and cook under pressure for 1-2 hours or until the meat is tender.
5 Remove the lid and add the butternut –and a little water if the stew is too dry.
6 Simmer until the butternut is tender.
7 Stir in the lentils, chillies (if using) and coriander and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve with the rotis and extra coriander(if using).