- 30ml - (2 tablespoons) HP Sauce
- 30ml - (2 tablespoons) white vinegar
- - ½ red onion, finely chopped
- - Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 15ml - (1 tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
- 30ml - (2 tablespoons) tomato paste
- 5ml - (1 teaspoon) hot chilli sauce
- - 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500ml - (2 cups) tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 180°C. Season the ribs liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and place in a deep roasting pan.
To make barbecue sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
2. Add 1 cup water to the sauce, pour over the ribs until completely submerged; if not, add a bit more sauce and water or use a smaller pan.
3. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, place in oven, bake for about 2 hours or until meat is almost falling off the bone.
4. Remove from oven, drain liquid immediately. It is best to make the ribs a day ahead up to this point and refrigerate ribs overnight.
4. Bring ribs to room temperature before grilling.
5. Preheat grill to high. Place ribs on a rack in a roasting tin.
6. Grill for just a few minutes on each side.
7. Serve with grilled corn.