- 15ml - olive oil
- 500g - green beans, trimmed
- - salt and freshly ground pepper
- CHEESE SAUCE -
- 250ml - plain double-cream yoghurt
- 250ml - grated cheddar cheese
- 5ml - Dijon mustard (optional)
- 4cloves - garlic, finely chopped
- TO FINISH -
- 60ml - grated hard Italian cheese such as pecorino or mature cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
1 Grease a baking sheet with oil. Arrange the green beans in a single layer on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
2 CHEESE SAUCE Mix all the ingredients well and spoon over the green beans.
3 TO FINISH Sprinkle the cheese over and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the beans are done and the cheese has melted. Sprinkle the herbs over (if using) and serve immediately.
Try these variations.
CHILLI & CORIANDER Omit the mustard and add 2 chopped chillies and 60ml (¼c) chopped fresh coriander to the cheese sauce.
MASALA ONION Mix 1 finely chopped onion and 15ml (1T) roasted masala into the cheese sauce.
TUNA MELT For a meal, add 1 can (180g) drained tuna and 15ml (1T) chopped chives to the sauce.