- 4 - marshmallow eggs, cut into small pieces
- - a variety of other Easter eggs of your choice, broken into chunks
- TO SERVE -
- 6-8 - chocolate hot cross buns
- - chocolate sauce (optional)
- FILLING -
- 1l - vanilla ice cream
- 100g - salted and toasted almonds, roughly chopped
Keep a deep tart dish or ovenproof dish handy and line with clingfilm.
1 Slice the hot cross buns in half and arrange the bottom halves in a dish.
2 Ice cream Put the ice cream in a mixing bowl and stir until it softens. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3 Spread the ice cream mixture over the buns and arrange the other halves of the buns on top.
4 Cover the dish with clingfilm and freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
5 To serve Transfer the sandwiches to a plate and slice into individual portions. Serve immediately with chocolate sauce (if using) or cover and freeze for later.