- 30ml - oil
- 1 - medium onion, finely chopped
- 10ml - chopped garlic
- 10ml - minced ginger
- - salt and pepper
- 5ml - ground cumin
- 5ml - ground coriander
- 410g - chopped tomatoes
- 10g - tomato paste
- 5ml - smoked paprika
- 5ml - turmeric
- 200ml - coconut cream
- 410g - kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g - black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g - chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15ml - chopped fresh parsley
- - cooked basmati rice OR flatbread to serve
1 Heat the oil in a heavy skillet.
Add the onion,garlic and ginger, and cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
2 In a separate pan, dry roast the cumin and coriander for about 2 minutes until brown.
Then add it to the cooked onion mix.
3 Add the tomatoes,tomato paste, paprika and turmeric, and stir through well.
4 Add the coconut cream,stir through and lower the temperature to simmering heat.
5 To finish
Add both cans of beans and the chickpeas.
Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
6 Garnish with the parsley and serve with the basmati rice or flatbread.
Our new Heritage Food magazine is now in stores. Buy it now!