21 Sep 20185 Traditional recipes you need to try this Heritage Day
Whether you want to finally try Zulu Chicken with close family and friends or simply cook in the comfort of your home, we’ve put together a collection of traditional recipes for you to try.
7 meals that go best with rice
Whether you're making basmati jasmine or parboiled rice, these are meals that will compliment them best.
6 variations of rice you should know
How well do you know your rice?
5 local Indian cuisine recipes you need to try!
From Bunny Chow to butter bean curry and delicious biryani, here are 5 local Indian recipes you'll love.
Get creative in the kitchen with Spekko
Get your copy of DRUM Heritage Food
Spicy lamb bunny chow
Originating in the Indian community of Durban, there’s some dispute regarding the origin of the name “bunny chow”. Suffice to say, the...
This delicious recipe is super quick and easy to make.
This recipe is simple, wholesome and delicious – you can easily prepare it any day of the week as a dinner treat. It also has canned...
Naartjie-infused malva pudding
Nartjie zest takes this old favorite to the next level. We top it off with syrupy, pan-fried nartjies.
Chakalaka bean stew
Chakalaka is one of South Africa's original and favourite dishes.
Orange flavoured butternut soup
Feel like a meatless meal? Try this homemade butternut soup.
Homemade Romany creams
Craving Romany Creams but don't want to leave the house? You can make them right at home.
Butter pork with rice
This is the perfect dinner meal for you and your loved ones.
Braaied spatchcock chicken with spekboom salsa
Braai it, roast it or spice it up with flavours unique to our beloved country.
Basmati pilaf rice
This will go well with any meal or on its own.
Cauliflower ‘rice’ pilaf
Chopped dried apricots and cashew nuts or peanuts can be added to the cauli-rice.
Steamed ginger rice
You should try this rice with ginger and mint.
Cape Town's Gatsby with masala steak
Try this Cape Town original sub sandwich better known as a Gatsby and replace the masala with your desired filling.
- Family of girl who died while trying to report gang rape left with questions about cops on duty that day
- 'Every new role is still exciting' - Sello Maake ka Ncube joins Skeem Saam
- DJ Zinhle sets the record straight on her friendship with Pearl Thusi
- Family of autistic teen desperate for answers after he was found dead three weeks after he went missing
- ‘After years of unemployment, I realised I’d rather be farming than in a cubicle’ – Loyiso Manga
- EXCLUSIVE | Emails confirm 'informal partnership' between Bain, Gupta-linked Trillian
- Paul Ngobeni, one of Mkhwebane's main legal advisors, not registered to practice law in SA
- Busisiwe Mavuso | Godongwana's conundrum: Paying SA's debt while growing the economy
- ConCourt rules children found using, possessing dagga must not be put through criminal justice system
- Rebooted Cell C vows not to repeat its mistakes