SPONSORED: It takes a village to raise a child – especially today with many parents struggling to juggle work and family life. Now, the d6 Connect app allows parents to safely organise trips for their children with other parents in their school community.
No one knows how hard it is to be a parent – except other parents. So, why not help each other out?
The d6 Connect app’s digital lift club creates a platform where this can happen. This ride-share initiative for parents by parents creates a lift club within your school, offering a community solution to school transport woes.
With the d6 Connect ride-sharing platform, you can:
- Book or request a trip for your child with a parent in your school’s community.
- Offer trips to parents looking for lifts*.
The important need-to-knows:
This platform is exclusive to schools that use the d6 Connect app to communicate with parents.
- Live tracking is available on your phone to keep an eye on your child’s trip.
- Parents and shuttles are a part of your school community.
- A trip costs R12 for the first 4 km and R3 per km thereafter.
Where do you find this functionality?
- Access your d6 Connect mobile app.
- Click on More (the three dots in the bottom menu bar).
- Select Rides under Other Services.
- Choose between Book a trip (for booking and requesting) and Create a trip (for offering a trip).
Want to be a driver?
Those who want to offer rides free of change need:
- To be part of the d6 Connect school community.
- A roadworthy vehicle.
- To hold a valid driver’s licence.
- To hold third-party liability insurance of R2,5 million.
If you want to be paid for trips, you’ll need to:
- Be part of the d6 Connect school community.
- Hold a valid operating licence.
- Hold a professional driver’s permit (PRDP)
- Hold third-party liability insurance of R2,5 million.
*This is a community-driven service and relies 100% on the parents of the school.