You can rest assured that any personal information you share with this ride-sharing app will be securely stored.
The Protection of Personal Information Act, or POPIA as its popularly known, is a hot topic, and d6 is committed to protecting and keeping safe any information you share when you create a profile on their ride-share platform. All information on your child will be safely stored and only become available to a driving parent after you’ve approved a lift with this parent.
When using the ride-share initiative in d6 Connect, you can rest easy because this ‘school lift platform’ is limited to parents from your child’s school. It’s a lift club exclusive to your child’s school and offers a community solution for parents, by parents.
Tick these off your list of concerns:
- Is my child's information safe on the app? Yes! It’s only after the driving parent accepts a booking that they will be able to see a photo and the pick-up and drop-off addresses of their Zipalong (the child making the trip).
- Will we know who the driver is? Of course! There are photos of all driving parents next to the available trip in d6 Connect. You will know exactly who your child is traveling with, and you can also share the photo of the driving parent and his/her vehicle with your child via WhatsApp.
- What if I cannot make the trip anymore? You can cancel at any time but remember – parents rely on each other, so do so well in advance and with a valid excuse.
- What is the secret passphrase? This word or sentence ensures that your child gets a lift with the correct driving parent. It only becomes available to the driving parent once the trip is confirmed.
- How do I know where my child is? Follow the trip with live tracking on a map and know exactly where your child is during the journey.
For more information click here.