Say goodbye to cold and pricey takeaways and indulge in these scrumptious chicken burgers made even more delicious by the taste of home
4 Eskort Chicken Braai Burgers
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 large potatoes, cut into chips
oil for deep frying
8 slices of processed cheese
60ml (¼c) mayonnaise
60ml (¼c) sweet chilli sauce
5ml (1t) mustard
4 burger buns
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 gherkins, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the braai burgers on a greased baking sheet and top with the sliced red onion. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the chips in a pot of hot oil for 5 minutes or until cooked as preferred. Remove from the oil and cool for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese to the burgers in the oven and allow to melt.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and mustard in a small bowl.
- Slice the burger buns then lightly toast in the oven.
- Spread the mayo sauce onto the buns, then assemble the burgers by layering the ingredients.
- Season the chips with salt and serve with the burgers.