2 Eskort Pork Chops, cooked
oil for deep frying
½ onion, sliced
60 ml (¼c) butter for cooking
4 slices sourdough bread
salt and pepper
60ml (¼c) apricot jam
2,5ml (½t) smoked chilli flakes
chives or spring onions, to garnish
- Remove the rind from the chops and cut the meat from the bone. Thinly slice the meat and set aside.
- Heat a pot of oil over high heat. Fry the onion until crispy then place them on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Butter the bread and toast in a hot pan.
- Fry eggs sunny side up, or to your liking, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot jam and chilli flakes.
- Spread the jam on the toast then add an egg, sliced meat and fried onion. Garnish with chives or spring onion.