The addition of sweet and sour soft red onion piles the flavour onto delicious sausages and mash with a twist
Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 20 Min
Eskort Gold Medal Pork sausages
oil for frying
2 red onions, quartered
15ml (1T) red wine vinegar
125ml (½c) berry juice
60ml (¼c) vegetable stock
15ml (1T) butter
1 garlic clove, finely sliced
2 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
250ml (1c) plain double cream yoghurt
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, add a little water and oil and cook the pork sausages. Let the water evaporate and fry the sausage until golden.
- In a saucepan, add the onions, red wine vinegar, berry juice, vegetable stock and butter and cook until the onions are soft.
- In a pot over moderate heat, fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Add the potatoes and yoghurt, mix through and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sausages on the mash with the red onion sauce spooned over.