There’s nothing better than a warm stew to bring the family together. Packed with love and flavour, this deliciously comforting stew will be the new family favourite.
60ml (¼c) oil
1kg Eskort Pork Neck Steaks, cubed
salt and pepper
1 large onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
30ml (2T) chopped fresh rosemary
10ml (2t) chopped fresh thyme
250ml (1c) vegetable stock
1 can (410g) tomato soup
250ml (1c) cream
1 packet scone premix
30ml (2T) onion seeds (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pot over moderate heat.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Fry the onion, carrot, garlic and herbs until glossy. Add the meat and sautée until brown.
- Add the stock and tomato soup and simmer for 15 minutes, then add the cream.
- While the stew cooks, make the scone batter as per the packet instructions, adding onion seeds (if using).
- Divide the batter into 8 balls and press flat.
- Place the dumplings on top of the stew and close the lid.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the stew with dumplings and your favourite side dish.