Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 20 Min
Eskort Back Bacon
300g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
¼c chopped fresh herbs
½ garlic clove, chopped
1t fine black pepper
handful fresh basil
60ml (¼c) plain yoghurt
60ml (¼c) mascarpone
45ml (3)T oil for cooking
4 slices sourdough bread
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the bacon on a lined baking tray and bake the bacon for 10-15 min until crispy.
- While the bacon is in the oven combine the tomatoes, herbs, garlic, and black pepper in a bowl, season with salt and keep aside.
- Combine the mascarpone and yoghurt and whip until fluffy.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat and heat the oil.
- Separate the eggs and scramble the eggs whites for 5min until cooked.
- Lower the heat and add the egg yolks. Scramble for 2 min and remove from the heat.
- Toast your sourdough just before serving and add the bacon.