Covered in smoked Russians, roasted peppers and golden aubergines, this pasta is simply heartwarming deliciousness.
Eskort Smoked Russians
2 red peppers
2 aubergines, diced
60ml (¼c) avo oil
1 red onion, cut into quarters
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
500ml (2c) penne pasta, cooked
410g (1 can) tomato purée
salt and freshly ground pepper
250ml (1c) fresh basil, torn
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roast the peppers in the oven until charred.
- Transfer the peppers to foil, allow to cool slightly then peel.
- Salt the diced aubergine, leave to sweat, wipe with kitchen paper and dress with the avo oil.
- In a frying pan over high heat, fry the red onion with the garlic and aubergine until golden.
- Add the chilli and sliced Russians.
- Add the pasta and tomato purée and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta with the basil.