This sweet and spicy broth packed with bacon and noodles is super simple heartwarming food that’s perfect for a cold winter’s day.
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 15 min | Total time: 25 min | Serves: 4
2 red onions
coconut oil for cooking
200g Eskort Diced Bacon
5ml (1t) red curry paste
3c pork broth
200g egg noodles
2 mini cabbages, quartered
30ml (2T) brown sugar
15ml (1T) apple vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, fry the onions in coconut oil until soft and sweet.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy.
- Add the curry paste and the broth to the pot.
- Add the noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Char the cabbage with the brown sugar and then add the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve broth and noodles in a bowl and top with charred cabbage.