Layers of #JustDelicious crispy bacon, creamy Brie and fresh greens make this Easter favourite a tasty lunch box option any time of the year!
200g Eskort Round Cut Bacon
olive oil for frying
6 hot cross buns
2 handfuls of baby spinach
handful of basil
150g Brie cheese, thinly sliced
30ml (2T) tomato jam
salt and freshly ground pepper
butter for spreading
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Add the bacon and fry until crispy.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and spread both halves with butter
- Add a layer of baby spinach and basil to the bottom half, followed by two or three cuts of bacon, a few slices of Brie and a spoonful of tomato jam.
- Season with salt and pepper then close with the top half of the bun.
- Tightly wrap each bun in wax paper before placing in the lunch box to keep the filling secured.