DRUM Food: Budget Meals has the perfect recipe compilation for the whole family – try this FREE recipe from the fab new magazine
“What’s for dinner?” is the age-old question. Now we’ve got the answer, and recipes for days! Seriously.
Our new mag is dedicated to tasty meals and delicious culinary tricks you can save up your sleeve for when you’re strapped for cash.
Shop smart and prepare meals that are affordable but full of flavour. The recipes are created with families of four in mind and offer a huge variety – from roasts and curries to wholesome stews, filling salads and side dishes.
also find advice on the best ways to cook affordable cuts of meat.
Try this FREE recipe that appears in our fab new magazine.
CRUMBED CHICKEN WITH CHEESE AND BACON
PREPARATION: 15 MIN | CHILLING: 15 MIN | COOKING: 25-30 MIN
4 chicken breast fillets, flattened with a meat mallet
salt and pepper
250ml (1c) flour
250ml (1c) breadcrumbs
60ml (¼c) grated hard Italian cheese
60ml (¼c) milk
30ml (2T) olive oil
4 slices mozzarella cheese
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
125g bacon, fried until crisp
lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put a wire rack on a baking sheet and grease with non-stick spray.
the fillets on both sides with the salt and pepper and roll in the flour to
- Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Dip 1 chicken fillet at a time in the egg mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on the prepared wire rack, drizzle the oil over and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- Arrange the cheese, garlic and bacon on top of the chicken and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- Melt a little herb butter with garlic and drizzle over the chicken to replace the cheese and bacon.
- Replace the bacon rashers with diced bacon – it’s usually cheaper and works well in this recipe.
Be inspired by mouthwatering meals that cost less and go further – with DRUM Food: Budget Meals available in store now! Email email@example.com to get your copy delivered to your door.