We have received several messages from readers about imposters pretending to be from DRUM magazine in order to solicit money or invite them for interviews that don’t exist.
As a brand we will never do the following:
- Send you an SMS asking for your personal details.
- Send an email that is not from an @drum.co.za or @media24.com address.
- Invite you for an interview at a location that is not at our offices in either the Media24 building in Foreshore, Cape Town or Media Park in Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic we will also not do in-person interviews, so we will not ask to come to your home.
Never give out personal information such as your home address, banking details, or passwords to your accounts.
If you’re unsure about someone who has made contact, please do the following:
- Check that they have an email address ending in @drum.co.za or @media24.com
- Make sure the message has come from our verified social-media accounts. Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- Email us at email@example.com for confirmation.
- Contact your nearest SAPS and give them details about the scammers.
Take care and keep safe,
The DRUM team