More business news
Zim reserve bank maintains policy rates, eyes 60% year-end inflation
SA house prices grew by just 0.29% between September and October
Steel that kills Covid-19 in hours? Manufacturers to test new alloy
Khaya Sithole | Mandatory jabs the only way to avoid a jobs bloodbath
Saudi Aramco, BlackRock sign $15.5bn gas pipeline deal
Glaxo antibody treatment works on Omicron mutations in study
GlaxoSmithKline has said research shows its Covid-19 antibody treatment is effective against the full combination of mutations in the new...
SA economy shrinks by 1.5% in the third quarter
South Africa's gross domestic product contracted by 1.5% in the third quarter of the year, according to Stats SA.
Crypto tokens plunge in fresh sign of global market nerves
Bitcoin plunged along with other cryptocurrencies in another indication of the risk aversion sweeping across financial markets.
Five words marked 2021 for world stocks and may do again in 2022
This time last year, your average strategist may not have seen that the world's best-performing index in 2021 would be Mongolia, or that a movie theater chain would...
Elon Musk said Neuralink hopes to start implanting brain chips in humans in 2022, later anticipated
Musk said on Monday that the first humans to get Neuralink chips would be people with severe spinal cord injuries.
Omicron may be spreading fast, but there are signs it's not actually worse than Delta
Budding evidence suggests Omicron spreads easily, but that doesn't mean it's a greater threat to us than Delta.
COVER STORY | The metals rush
Global metal supply is constrained even as huge demand lies ahead to decarbonise the planet’s economy. We look at four locally-listed miners and how they are adapting...
- Nedlac backs mandatory Covid-19 jabs and restricting the unvaccinated from public events
- Steel that kills Covid-19 in hours? Manufacturers to test new alloy
- MONEY LIVE | Stocks and futures gain on virus hopes as the dollar dips
- Glaxo antibody treatment works on Omicron mutations in study
- Alcohol bans were necessary to manage Covid-19 pandemic, court rules in Vinpro case
- EFF warns fight for land has only begun after National Assembly fails to pass constitutional amendment
- Two weeks in, DA-ActionSA hostility still impeding coalition talks in Gauteng metros
- How dodgy suppliers scored big PPE tenders from Gauteng's health dept
- DA asks UN for help with Eastern Cape drought crisis, accuses govt of incompetence
- David Mabuza in court bid to stop activist from 'defaming him'
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
22 Jul 2020
MONEY CLINIC | I'm planning to move house - how can I cut costs?
MONEY CLINIC | I tried to access money from my pension fund but it was denied....
MONEY CLINIC | My employer says I opted for early retirement, but I didn't. What...