More business news
EXCLUSIVE | Report calls for action against ex-Mango CEO Bezuidenhout after nepotism allegations
Keep working from home? Finance firms weigh their options - and the future of their offices
Mini budget could be final option for Gordhan, Mboweni to save 'dead duck' SAA
Facebook accused of watching Instagram users through cameras
Today’s business update — and some of the cheapest overseas flights now available
Working from home: Win or lose, health and safety come first
South Africans are encouraged to work from home as lockdown continues, amid fear of a second wave being experienced in other parts of the...
2020's silver lining: Venture capitalists eager to fund start-ups
Venture capital fund managers are continuing with business as usual, investing in new ideas and start-ups. Some even report more appetite for investing in early-stage...
Downbeat opening for Wall Street as tech stocks struggle
Wall Street opened with little enthusiasm as stock traders digest the implications of Washington's continued failure to agree on a new stimulus package to bolster the...
MONEY CLINIC | I have R1.3m in savings, and no debt. Should I buy an SUV or a third property?
Personal finance expert Hardi Swart explains the options of buying a vehicle vs investing in property.
A cyberattack that hit a German hospital may have led to a woman's death
The hospital was unable to accept emergency patients, so a woman in need of urgent care had to be taken to a hospital 20 miles away and died.
A German soccer team lost 37-0 after refusing to go near the opposition to avoid Covid-19
SG Ripdorf/Molzen II was playing rivals SV Holdenstedt II in the 11th tier of German soccer when it fielded four less players than usual.
Quality bargains up for grabs
The lockdown has given investors the opportunity to buy some great companies at great prices, writes Simon Brown.
- New evidence points to corruption in SAP's R1bn water deals
- EXCLUSIVE | Report calls for action against ex-Mango CEO Bezuidenhout after nepotism allegations
- DPE will 'request' lenders to bail out SAA
- I'm tired of dancing around inclusion and diversity issues, says ex-Clicks director after exit
- SA must now face corruption and second wave threat, warns business lobby
- Ruling against North West prosecutions head ups pressure on Ramaphosa, NPA to take action
- UCT Ombud accuses varsity of covering up 'bullying' by vice-chancellor Phakeng
- Politically exposed people will be barred from doing business with the state if draft plan gets nod
- SIU seeks to block Eastern Cape health dept's payment for R10m scooter contract
- Cynthia Nixon on Ratched, representation and Ryan Murphy's not-so-subtle shot at Donald Trump
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Do you think it was a good idea for the government to approach the IMF for a $4.3 billion loan to fight Covid-19?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Yes. We need the money.
11% - 1289 votes
It depends on how the funds are used.
73% - 8600 votes
No. We should have gotten the loan elsewhere.
16% - 1892 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
MONEY CLINIC | I have R1.3m in savings, and no debt. Should I buy an SUV or a...
MONEY CLINIC | I have R5 000 to spare after finishing debt review. How can I put...
MONEY CLINIC | I'm investing offshore to buy a Golden visa. How should I invest my...