More business news
Foreign buyers keen on SA properties again, with price tags of up to R41m
Foreign investment in SA's property market has been hit by the Covid-19 pandemic, including by international travel restrictions. But...
Zimbabwe rules makes vaccination mandatory for state workers
Civil servants who oppose being inoculated will face “disciplinary proceedings for refusal to obey a lawful instruction,” according to a notice published Friday in the...
Iron ore’s brutal collapse under $100 flags more trouble ahead
Iron ore sank below $100 a ton as China’s moves to clean up its heavy-polluting industrial sector spurred a swift and brutal collapse.
How can investors ‘forgive’ government?
A proposal by Deputy Finance Minister David Masondo that investors should absolve R146 billion of government’s debt is so unrealistic that markets did not even take...
Facebook leaders are reportedly worried their service has gotten too big to control
With nearly 3 billion users around the world, Facebook leaders are reportedly worried about their inability to control the massive social network.
South Africa remains on UK's red list - but Egypt, and Kenya move to amber
South Africans will not be able to travel to the United Kingdom as the country remains on the prohibitive red list.
COVER STORY | There’s (always) money in food
Food prices are accelerating in South Africa and across the planet. finweek looks at SA’s listed food producer sector to gauge how they’re performing amid rising food...
- Top Coronation fund manager quit after inquiry found he profited from 'pricing inefficiency'
- 'Show me the cigs': SARS says importer owes it billions after 30 tons of tobacco 'disappeared'
- MONEY LIVE | Iron ore’s brutal collapse under $100 flags more trouble ahead
- Shareholders greenlight sale of Imperial Logistics to Dubai ports SOE
- Foreign buyers keen on SA properties again, with price tags of up to R41m
- #UnrestSA: Ramaphosa mum on whether ANC were involved in July's unrest
- Nyakane: What 60 sterling minutes should mean for him
- INSIDE LABOUR | The true cost of Covid-19 is incalculable
- Two dead after wall collapses on home in Verulam, KZN
- ANC defends proposed minimal changes to Electoral Act, says the 'timelines are unworkable'
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
What potential restrictions on unvaccinated South Africans may make the biggest difference to public health, the economy?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Limited access to restaurants and bars
9% - 41 votes
Limited access to shopping centres
17% - 79 votes
Limited access to live events, including sport matches and festivals
28% - 128 votes
Workplace vaccine mandates
46% - 209 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
22 Jul 2020
MONEY CLINIC | I'm working remotely and want to travel. How can I ensure adequate...
MONEY CLINIC | I am emigrating but will work remotely for my SA employer. How will...
MONEY CLINIC | Can I upgrade my cellphone contract while under debt review?