More business news
Govt mulls what to fund with green bonds
Emergency power fiasco compounds South Africa’s energy crisis
MTN boss Ralph Mupita undertakes first visit to Nigeria since becoming CEO
OPINION | Renewable energy should power SA’s future economic growth
OPINION | The issue of NHI funding - why it's complicated
Engineering Council of South Africa CEO placed under precautionary suspension
Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) placed its CEO Sipho Madonsela on precautionary suspension earlier this month and has...
Glencore under pressure from IMF to rework $1 billion loan to Chad
The IMF and the World Bank raised pressure on Glencore and a syndicate of lenders to renegotiate a $1 billion loan to Chad after government creditors agreed to rework...
US stocks near flat as market digests Fed update
Wall Street stocks hovered near the flat-line early Thursday as investors digested the Federal Reserve's latest policy statement and the unexpected rise in jobless...
Half of Sydney houses now sell for at least R10m
More than 95% of homes in five areas of greater Sydney sold in the seven-figure range.
We tested Apple’s new AirTag tracking device in SA and it impressed – but has three big issues
There are some South Africa-specific caveats to Apple's AirTags.
France is vaccinating its citizens in South Africa with its own specially imported doses
France is looking to vaccinate some 2,000 French nationals living in South Africa.
COVER STORY | Stocks protecting the planet and digital lifestyles
Is it possible to invest in companies that aim to secure humans’ existence on an ever-dwindling planet and those that protect our increasingly digital lifestyles?...
- Former Eskom chair Jabu Mabuza has died
- Astral forks out R3m for lost production as Standerton's 'horror' continues
- Gigantic diamond found in Botswana could be the world's third-biggest ever
- Engineering Council of South Africa CEO placed under precautionary suspension
- Eskom learner technician arrested for extorting money from 82-year-old
- Tembisa 10: Independent Media, Rampedi demand evidence from govt - to prove their own story
- OBITUARY | Kenneth ‘KK’ Kaunda: One of the last of a generation of African liberation leaders
- THE ESKOM FILES | 'False and fabricated': How Eskom officials colluded with construction giants
- Rural areas leading the way in registering people for Covid-19 vaccinations - health dept
- Mbhazima Shilowa | What's with the secrecy around the SAA deal?
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Should government have assigned a majority shareholding in SAA to the private sector?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Yes, It's a good decision
53% - 21 votes
Not a good move
5% - 2 votes
Too early to tell
43% - 17 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
22 Jul 2020
MONEY CLINIC | Will interest be charged on my outstanding balance under debt review?
MONEY CLINIC | I'm an expat and did not complete financial emigration. What now?
MONEY CLINIC | Can I access my RA if I missed the financial emigration deadline?