More business news
A guide to investment jargon - from 'downside risk' to 'top-down investing'
EXPLAINER | Eating less meat, farming differently can help achieve net-zero emissions
US gets 32 tons of baby formula to counter shortage
Airbus upbeat as jet sales rise despite headwinds
India suffers worst power crisis in years
Large share deals by Capitec founder and CEO no cause for concern, analysts say
This week, Capitec CEO Gerrie Fourie sold R56 million of his shares in the bank. A day before that, Michiel le Roux completed a...
Load shedding drops to Stage 2, will escalate to Stage 3 late Sunday afternoon
Load shedding dropped to Stage 2 at 08:00 on Sunday morning, and will escalate to Stage 3 from 16:00 until 22:00, Eskom has announced.
Rand back among top emerging market currencies after outsize rate hike
It took a rate hike of a magnitude not seen in more than six years to put South Africa’s currency back among the emerging-market currency winners.
How to 'pop' a balloon payment on your car
A balloon payment on a vehicle finance agreement can potentially cost you a lot of money and destroy long-term wealth.
SA's cyberspace is under attack by China-linked group that targets job hunters
A China-linked cyberespionage group has taken a particular interest in South Africa's telecommunications and banking sectors.
Biden says monkeypox cases are something 'everybody should be concerned about'
"It is a concern in that if it were to spread it would be consequential," the president told reporters on Sunday.
- We face volatile times, says Richemont's Johann Rupert
- Large share deals by Capitec founder and CEO no cause for concern, analysts say
- Stage 2 load shedding to continue every evening this week
- Load shedding drops to Stage 2, will escalate to Stage 3 late Sunday afternoon
- India suffers worst power crisis in years
- 'No attempt to disguise' latest incident of sabotage at Eskom power station as another cable is cut
- Mkhize warned against 'anti-ANC tendencies' for expressing willingness to contest presidency before nominations open
- Xhosa warrior Maqoma mooted to replace Fort Hare as public hearings on Eastern Cape name changes start
- Diepkloof police station commander accused of trying to 'bully' admin clerk out of her job
- 'Dazed, no sunlight for a month': Stowaways thrown lifeline as court orders them to be brought to SA
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
22 Jul 2020
MONEY CLINIC | I pre-qualified for a bond, but my credit score has since dropped....
MONEY CLINIC | I'm a first-time homebuyer. How long does the home transfer process...
MONEY CLINIC | What does credit actually cost?