More business news
Woolworths expecting major fall in earnings on Covid-19 impact, change in accounting standards
The retailer has flagged an expected drop in earnings of between 60% and 70% for the year to end June.
Brian Molefe: Nothing wrong with my visits to Gupta home
Molefe says he wants to cross-examine the witness who implicated him and other ex-Transnet executives in testimony before the state capture inquiry.
Gold heads for first weekly loss since June after wild ride
Gold headed for the first weekly drop in more than two months after being buffeted by climbing real yields, profit-taking and a stalemate in US stimulus negotiations.
MONEY CLINIC | I pay R3 600 a month for my car. How can I save more?
A Fin24 reader looking to save more money considers reducing her monthly car repayment. She turns to an expert to help steer her in the right direction.
Apple made R6 billion from Fortnite, the game it's now battling over App Store commissions
Epic Games, the maker of "Fortnite," sued Apple and Google on Thursday over their 30% commissions on in-app purchases.
Greece secretly sent away more than 1,000 migrants, abandoning them on the open sea
"I left Syria for fear of bombing — but when this happened, I wished I'd died under a bomb," Najma al-Khatib told The Times.
- Brian Molefe: Nothing wrong with my visits to Gupta home
- Smoke and mirrors: British American Tobacco SA and FITA accused of supplying the black market
- Gigaba bought fancy suits in cash after visiting Guptas, state capture inquiry hears
- Lights on over the weekend, says Eskom
- Eskom restarts load shedding as plant breakdowns cut capacity
- David Mabuza in China: Presidency silent on whether it paid for ANC trip
- Dlamini-Zuma 'assumes all alcohol is equal', says farmers' organisation
- OPINION | Marred by controversy and soaked in scandal: Is Die Antwoord's House of Zef collapsing?
- Xander Bylsma prosecutor: 'He's a cold-blooded, callous killer and an evil human being'
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Fatima Hassan: ‘SA is going down the same route with Covid-19 as with AIDS if we’re not careful’
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Do you think it was a good idea for the government to approach the IMF for a $4.3 billion loan to fight Covid-19?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Yes. We need the money.
11% - 1005 votes
It depends on how the funds are used.
74% - 6751 votes
No. We should have gotten the loan elsewhere.
15% - 1417 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
MONEY CLINIC | How do I buy a car when my credit score is low?
MONEY CLINIC | Under debt review, I paid 99.9% of my debt - but then there's that...
MONEY CLINIC | I couldn't move into a property during lockdown, but paid rent. Can...
01 Aug 2020