23 Oct 2017
Importers should hedge before mini budget - expert
Reshuffle likely won't impact mini-budget - economists
Several economists told Fin24 they do not believe the Cabinet reshuffle will impact the upcoming mini-budget announcement, but did raise...
Mini budget 2017: Three elephants in the room
Players in the nuclear sector are looking for funding for the proposed new build programme and policy certainty from the mini budget.
Mini budget 2017: A matter of lost trust
Lost trust - the elephant in the Zuma administration's room - is the bigger danger to SA's economy, not a bad financial position which...
Why Budget 2017 was unusual
Budget 2017 was unusual due to the tough economic environment in 2016 and SA narrowly having avoided going into recession, says an...
What #Budget2017 could mean for low and middle income earners
Standard Bank SA economist Siphamandla Mkhwanazi explains how Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan's budget speech could impact low and middle...
Gordhan targets banking fees
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has said he intends to meet with the CEOs of major banks about bank charges.
Billions to boost car, rag trade
Government will spend R3.6bn on incentives for the local clothing and car sectors, Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has announced.
Budget 'neglected graft'
Business bodies have applauded the Budget for helping to fight crime by tackling unemployment, but say it did not pay enough attention to...
Gordhan to look at bankers' pay
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has outlined several new plans to improve financial regulation and will look at the remuneration of...
Soweto healer features in Budget
A traditional healer's 40-page handwritten budget pointers for the finance minister has received a mention in Pravin Gordhan's speech.
No tax hikes - for now
While government may have to raise taxes in future to fund public spending, the overall tax burden won't be increased this year.
Gordhan pleads with unions
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has urged labour unions not to make excessive wage demands.
Drinkers to be milked
Sin taxes have been hiked in the latest Budget, but even more pain lies ahead after Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan said tax benchmarks...
'No big pay hikes in 2010'
Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan has warned public servants not to expect major salary increases this year.
Gordhan details youth jobs plan
About 800 000 people will benefit from last week's proposed subsidy for youth employment, says Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan.
Gordhan hikes fuel levy
Motorists will be forking out more for a tank of petrol as Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan announces a 25.5c per litre increase in the...
Crackdown on cash businesses
Tax authorities will get much tougher with cash-based firms which have avoided VAT, but non-compliant taxpayers have been offered an...
'Use tax to attract investment'
SA cannot afford not to be competitive when it comes to taxes as it vies with other markets for skills and investments, says a tax...
- Govt launches R1.2bn tourism fund, which according to Ramaphosa will accelerate transformation of the sector
- Ramaphosa slams 'vaccine nationalism' in WEF address, pleads with rich countries to release hoarded doses
- Former executive who allegedly defrauded Cell C of over R130m released on bail
- Job cuts begin at SAB, Distell as uncertain future dampens liquor industry spirits
- Lift the alcohol ban within seven days or risk the sector's collapse, say liquor traders
- 'I was appalled' - passenger details experience during Mango flight's loss of cabin pressure
- Covid-19: J&J the first confirmed vaccine maker to seek key regulatory approval that will allow distribution
- Burning Fiscus | As debt servicing costs soar, the state bets all on wage freeze
- Spy boss' eye-popping testimony claims rogue SSA lost billions of rand in assets
- Asian markets swing as traders mull virus, vaccines and stimulus
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
Have you claimed the interest on your rental deposit?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Yes, and I've gotten it.
21% - 748 votes
No, I did not.
52% - 1870 votes
My landlord refused
28% - 999 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
22 Jul 2020
MONEY CLINIC | How much should I invest in order to retire comfortably at 60?
MONEY CLINIC | I've received my debt clearance certificate but still can't get...
Evictions: What is allowed under adjusted lockdown 3?