Johannesburg - Discovery Health revealed its annual hospital survey this week, which gave some measure of South Africa's best hospitals. Discovery surveyed 136 hospitals, using an exit poll from its members after they had been in hospital.
Mediclinic had eight hospitals among the top 20, which made it the top ranking service provider.
Discovery's questions in the poll centred on the quality of care from doctors and nurses, patients' overall experience, and hospital conditions.
- Cormed-clinic (Gauteng)
- Ethekwini Hospital & Heart Centre (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Gateway Private Hospital (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Hillcrest Private Hospital (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Life Bay View Private Hospital (Western Cape)
- Life Rosepark Hospital (Free State)
- Lowveld Hospital (Mpumalanga)
- Mediclinic Cape Gate (Western Cape)
- Mediclinic Ermelo (Mpumalanga)
- Mediclinic George (Western Cape)
- Mediclinic Hoogland (Free State)
- Mediclinic Louis Leipoldt (Western Cape)
- Mediclinic Milnerton (Western Cape)
- Mediclinic Panorama (Western Cape)
- Mediclinic Stellenbosch (Western Cape)
- Midvaal Private Hospital (Gauteng)
- Netcare Jakaranda Hospital (Gauteng)
- Netcare N1 City Hospital (Western Cape)
- Wilmed Park Private Hospital (North West)
- Zuid-Afrikaans Hospital (Gauteng)
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE UPDATE: Get Fin24's top morning business news and opinions in your inbox.