Cape Town - The Independent Power Producer (IPP) office has procured 6 327 MW of renewable energy since 2010 and has plans to expand into Africa.
These eight slides presented by the Department of Energy on Sunday at a media round table, reveals the success of the IPP office.
1. To date there have been five bid windows (BW) of the REIPPPP (Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme) contributing 6 327 MW in total:
2. Since November 2011 more than 6 327 MW from 92 renewable energy projects have been awarded – wind projects contribute more than half of total capacity:
3. REIPPP programme successes:
4. The REIPPPP has attracted significant investment in BW 1, 2, 3, 3.5 & 4:
5. Procured RE generation capacity:
6. The REIPPPP is delivering energy at increasingly cost competitive rates:
7. Procured RE generation capacity:
8. The future - The Department of Energy will further accelerate and expand the REIPPPP: