Johannesburg - Mcebisi Jonas, the former South African deputy finance minister, is being considered for the the post of commissioner of the South African Revenue Service after Tom Moyane was suspended on Monday by President Cyril Ramaphosa, two people familiar with the situation said.
- Use less electricity, pleads Eskom, as two more generation units trip
- Extension tension – Can President Ramaphosa afford to tighten lockdown rules?
- SA forex broker has bank accounts frozen, regulator files urgent liquidation application
- Eskom names contractors in R4 billion Kusile overpayment
- Private healthcare sector pleads for financial help from medical schemes
- Sifiso Skenjana | What's it going to take to get SA's young people working?
- Top government official tried to get Prasa to settle disputed contract, Zondo inquiry hears
- Isaah Mhlanga | SA still has a narrow window of economic opportunity. It's getting narrower
- Vukile: Why rural and 'township' shopping centres are bucking the retail trend
- IMF says South Africa loan talks occurring at measured pace
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
How has Covid-19 impacted your financial position?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
I'm not really directly affected
18% - 1791 votes
I am taking a hit, but should be able to recover in the next year
23% - 2347 votes
My finances have been devastated
35% - 3517 votes
It's still too early to know what the full effect will be
25% - 2529 votes
Covid-19 Money Hub - answering your business and money questions during the crisis
05 Jun 2020
MONEY CLINIC | My wife and I are in financial distress. How should we invest our...
MONEY CLINIC | I can't afford a new rates & levy certificate. Is there any leniency?
MONEY CLINIC: I have R5m to invest. What are my options to ensure a salary of R30...