Congratulations to Reitumetse Makutoane, who won a book prize in our recent giveaway! One lucky reader stands a chance to win a copy of Betting on a darkie: Lifting the corporate game by Mteto Nyati, CEO of Altron. Enter by completing our latest quiz which appears in the 24 October edition, here.
Below are the answers to the questions to ‘Quiz #224: 7-14 October’, which appeared in the 10 October edition of the magazine.
1. On 28 September, Japan beat Ireland in their Pool A Rugby World Cup match. Who captained the Japanese side?
2. Name the president of the Ukraine.
3. True or false? Transnet recently reported a 1.6% rise in annual revenue for the year to 31 March, but added its auditors had flagged issues relating to irregular expenditure.
4. On 27 September, Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg received the key to which city?
5. In late September, former French president Jacques Chirac died. How many years did he serve as the president of France?
6. While on their Royal Tour of Southern Africa, which of the following countries were not visited by either the Duke or Duchess of Sussex?
7. True or false? Richemont has announced that it will be acquiring Italian jewellery brand Buccellati.
8. As the drought in KwaZulu-Natal persists, the province’s largest river is drying up at an alarming rate. What is the name of this river?
9. True or false? On 2 October the price of 95 octane petrol increased by 18 cents per litre.
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
Who won the award for lead actress in a drama series at the 2019 Emmys?