Have you been keeping up with current affairs? Keen to test you general knowledge? Find out by completing this week's quiz online here. The answers will be published right here next week. Good luck!
Below are the answers to the questions to ‘Quiz #225: 21-28 October’, which appeared in the 24 October edition of the magazine.
1. True or False? The Pietermaritzburg High Court dismissed former president Jacob Zuma’s application for a permanent stay of prosecution in his corruption case.
2. Which business unit is South Africa’s state arms firm, Denel, winding up, as part of a long-term strategy to return to profitability?Aerostructures
3. Mastercard, PayPal, Visa and eBay recently pulled out of Facebook’s cryptocurrency project. Name the proposed currency.
4. Which country announced sanctions against the Gupta brothers and their business associate, Salim Essa, referring to them as “a significant corruption network in South Africa”?
5. True or False? The UK intends to ban hippo ivory as the government plans to close a loophole in the Ivory Act.
6. Who is the Minister of trade and industry?
7. True or False? Renault dismissed its CEO, Thierry Bollore, just nine months after he was appointed to the position.
8. The Polkadraai strawberry farm near Stellenbosch was granted the first Western Cape licence to start growing:
9. Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed was announced as the winner of 100th Nobel Peace Prize for his work to resolve the border conflict with which neighbouring country?
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
World marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge made history by becoming the first person to run the 26.2-mile (about 42.16 km) distance in under: