For the final quiz of 2019, we're giving away a copy of Christo Wiese: Risk & Riches, by TJ Strydom. Enter this week's quiz online here. The answers will be published right here on 13 January 2020. Good luck!
Below are the answers to the questions to ‘Quiz #227: 18-25 November, which appeared in the 21 November edition of the magazine.
1. Which resources company is South32 selling its South African thermal coal business to for R100m upfront, and R1.5bn in deferred payments?
2. Supply the missing two words: Billionaire businessman Michael Bloomberg is the former mayor of City.New York
3. True or false? Springbok rugby player Tendai Mtawarira announced his retirement from international rugby.
4. Taste Holdings announced the sale of its food business in early November. Which one of the following is not part of Taste’s food business:
5. True or false? Trudy Makhaya is President Cyril Ramaphosa’s economic adviser.
6. What is the name of Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini’s newly launched cellular network?
7. True or false? Anat is a Portuguese fast-food national franchise business.
8. True or false? Finance minister Tito Mboweni revised SA’s economic growth for 2019 in the medium-term budget policy statement to 0.5%.
9. Which former SA president lost a court appeal against a ruling that it was defamatory to call former tourism minister Derek Hanekom a “known enemy agent”?
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
True or false? Tiger Brands is exploring the sale of its processed meats business, which was temporarily closed in 2018 after being hit by the world's largest-ever listeriosis outbreak.