Think you're up to date with current affairs? Test your knowledge by completing the online version of this quiz here. The answers will be published right here on 2 March 2020. Good luck!
Below are the answers to the questions to ‘Quiz #229: 3 February-17 February, which appeared in the 20 February edition of the magazine.
1. At the 2020 gathering of the Annual WorldEconomic Forum in Davos, which of the following issues took centre stage?
2. Name the new chief financial officer of Sasol.
3. Parliament backed a request from the DA to begin proceedings that could lead to the removal of the country's Public Protector, Busisiwe Mkhwebane. When was she appointed as the Public Protector?
4. True or false? The Reserve Bank cut the repo rate by 25 basis points to 6.25% in January.
5. Which Middle Eastern monarchy plans to open an embassy in Zimbabwe for the first time?
United Arab Emirates.
6. True or false? Slovenia's Prime Minister, Marjan Šarec, resigned from his position.
7. Retired sports star Kobe Bryant, his daughter and seven other people recently died in a helicopter crash in California. Which Los Angeles-based basketball team was Bryant signed to?
Los Angeles Lakers.
8. Net1, the company behind Cash PaymasterServices (CPS), announced that it has agreed to sell 100% of a South Korean payment processor to Stonebridge Capital and Pay letter. What is the name of the South Korean company?
9. True or false? Pharmaceutical company Aspen plans to retrench up to 219 jobs at its Port Elizabeth and East London plants.
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
Which film won the Best Motion Picture (drama) award at the 2020 Golden Globes?