How up to date are you with current affairs? Find out by completing our latest quiz here.
Below are the answers to Quiz #235: 18 May-1 June, which appeared in the 7 May edition of the magazine.
1. What is the current repo rate in South Africa?
2. Virgin Media will merge with O2 in a deal that will create a new giant in which country's telecommunications industry?
3. True or False? South African doctors who studied overseas do not have to write any exam to allow them to practice in their home country.
4. South Africa operates the continent’s only nuclear power plant, which is located near Cape Town. What is the name of the plant?
5. In May Comair announced that it had entered into voluntary business rescue. Which of these airlines is not operated by Comair?
6. True or False? Uber Eats delivers books in South Africa.
7. South Africa’s state arms and technology company announced that it will design and develop medical ventilators to help treat coronavirus patients. What is the name of this entity?
8. True or False? Bill Gates is stepping down from the boards of Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway.
9. A May 2020 study reported a triple star system containing a black hole, making it the closest-known black hole, and the first one located in a stellar system visible with the naked eye. What is the star system called?
BONUS QUESTION IN THE MAGAZINE:
True or False? Vodacom has rolled out a 5G network in South Africa.